- [ ] add all the refernces in the intro footnotes
- [x] rewrite my definition of aesthetics to include more the aesthetics of everyday life?
- [x] drawing from mckenzie, rewrite his part to include the fact that he puts a lot of lines of code in his book, but that it’s still a mostly social/anthropological interpretation of said code
- [x] specify that the term software engineering appeared in 1968 at a conference [[wirth_history_software_engineering]]. but actually it’s fuzzy, some people say it was around 1967 src
- [x] ideals
- [x] add the dope case study https://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1039535 also this http://denninginstitute.com/pjd/GP/gp_summary_toplevel.html
- [x] re read hacker examples part to check for spoilers
- [x] add research software engineers to data scientists https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01516-2
- [x] tone down on methodology?
- [x] add stats about corpus after methodology.
- [x] add section on leslie vaillant in the elegance section https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/1953122.1953131
- [x] add knuth details on elegance (see notes)
- [x] add section on robin hill on elegance https://cacm.acm.org/blogs/blog-cacm/208547-what-makes-a-program-elegant/fulltext
- [x] include some further discussion of programming based on hapoc 21 presentation
- [ ] add a bit more meat to the section on scientific beauty
- [ ] deal with frames and page breaks on minted; https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/433192/breaking-pages-in-minted-package
- [x] add “hacking perl” and live code in the artists section https://www.perl.com/pub/2004/08/31/livecode.html/
- [x] everytime i quote SO, add the specifics of the survey details
~~look into the pdf “program text, style, laber” by brian lennon to address comments in microsoft windows source code~~
~~yullil - code art brutalism refers the HACKMEM document from 1972 MIT, related to architecture.~~
~~communautés épistémiques et communautés de pratique (Cohendet et al., 2001) -> Cohendet, Patrick, Creplet, Frederic & Dupouet, Olivier. « Organisational innovation, communities of practice and epistemic communities : the case of Linux ». In Economics with heterogeneous interacting agents~~